1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is everyone in the South obese?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, when your day starts here:

waffle house.jpg

with this:

wh biscuits and gravy.jpg

it's kind of an uphill battle from there.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've purchased enough new shorts over the past 12 months for golf-vacation that the only time you see me in cargo shorts is when I'm washing my car.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Also, what the hell was this filmed with? A Motorola RAZR?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My wife and I spent a weekend in Wisconsin a few years back, and had dinner at a delightful “supper club” on a lake.

My wife ordered the ‘spicy shrimp’, and asked the plump, delightful waitress if the shrimp were really spicy. She replied, “probably not, but if they are, you can just dip them in ranch.”

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I was most horrified by the words "12 and under softball tournament."

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

A lot of rural people still eat like they are going out to work on the farm all day, it's still engrained in the culture. But not as many work those kind of jobs anymore.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You magnificent bastard.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We went to Sesame Place a few years back. While we just did the rides and the stuff with the characters, part of the facility is basically a waterpark. I'm guessing that the average BMI was about 38

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They only recently graduated from jorts.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Man, if you gave me 100 guesses as to why the south is full of fatties, the lack of walkable cities wouldn’t have ever occurred to me. I lived in Nashville and I don’t ever remember walking or riding a bike to be difficult

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It is everywhere, every f'ing where. Fat, fat, mcfatties everywhere. There have always been overweight people, maybe 1 out of 10, 15? But now sometimes it's 50/50. People wonder why health care is what it is. Lots of sore knees and backs out there hauling that shit around. Not to mention diabetes, heart, etc. And it is spreading across the globe as fast food spreads.
    Non walking cities has a lot to do with it. Unfortunately many of us don't live within walking distance any more. Sitting on your ass too long has a lot to do with it also. It is disgusting.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The tenor this thread has taken brings new meaning to "Lighten up, Francis."

Fred siegle likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted