1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is everyone excited for the debut of Late Night W/Jimmy Fallon?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Mar 3, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wanted to hate Daly's show, too, and he's another annoying douche, but he's done a pretty good job with the 1:35 show. Of course, it's only half an hour long, and after the musical guest and the interview, he's only got to write about eight minutes worth of material. But he's done enough to indicate he might be OK over an hour.

Fallon, on the other hand, is unqualified suck and always has been. DeNiro looks like he's going to kill his agent for getting him on this.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Tomorrow night is Tina Fey, Drew Barrymore and Carmen Diaz?
    He cannot possible screw that up.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't make me watch it to see. DON'T DO IT!!!

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

agree that timberlake is a first-rate entertainer. multi-talented. i even really enjoyed his role in "alpha dog," a vastly under-appreciated flick, imo. 8) 8) 8)

5. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Nice move to have your second guest on your first show prove he'd be a better host than you'd be.

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Silly me. They're on different nights.

SHHHH, here's my Van.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Don't ask him to be Conan. It's not fair.

I don't go in expecting him to be funnier than Conan. I just wonder if he can keep up with Craig Ferguson.

"Space Train" just shows that DeNiro will do anything to get pub for TriBeCa.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that some NBC exec patted Fallon on the back and said "F**k this up and you're done in show business" two seconds before he walked onto the stage.

It will be interesting to see how he fares tomorrow. I just might DVR this to check it out.

And as far as Timberlake is concerned, he'd be a better host than a lot of people. That's not Fallon's fault. That's like being angry at Michael Phelps because compared to Payton Manning he sucks as an athlete trying to be funny.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

In your opinions, when did Conan start to get good? I peg it right around the time of the "Year 2000" skits. It was then that I felt he started really saying "I'm going to do my show and if you don't get it or don't like it, piss off."

The fact that he continued it nine years after the turn of the century only made it funnier.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Thing is, Conan was funny, but his delivery was awful.

So, you give that time to grow.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Conan just kept getting better until one day it was like "Holy crap, this guy is consistently funny."

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

In this week's Entertainment Weekly, there's a feature on Fallon. In it, Lorne Michaels said he told Fallon the same thing he told O'Brien -- "There is no job after this. You don't go play the third lead in a movie."

Draft saved Draft deleted