1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Entourage so bad now that it doesn't even get a thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jun 26, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I've watched two of the three episodes, and thought it was pretty funny - and very off-beat, in a British comedy sort of way.
    My wife and I watched last night's episode. As the closing credits rolled, she said, "That's one of the strangest things I've ever seen - and I'd like to see another one."
    I think that says it all.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If they're going to have Vince and Dennis Hopper betting on ManU, they should at least get some recent footage and not something from years ago. Having Chuck Zito there was totally random.

FoC makes me laugh more than Entourage does these days. Entourage needs to rally in a big way before the end of this season.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't think Entourage was that bad this week... I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing Lisa Rinna again. I would have been happier if he went ahead and sold the movie to Weinstein and have the next few episodes be about how they're taking the film away from Walsh...

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Entourage is slipping big time, but I hope it recovers. Flight of the Conchords might be my new favorite show. I'm pretty much obsessed with it these days.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

A coworker has gotten me hooked on Entourage. I borrowed the first season from his younger brother, but the second disc is missing.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was told this past weekend at the bar, that I needed to pay attention to the musical numbers in Conchords, since those were the funniest bits.
    I hadn't and I haven't seen last night's, so maybe my opinion will change.
    Dude does have a new movie out, it seems like an inspired bit of strangeness. Eagle loves Shark or something like that.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm so with you, DD. It is mesmerizing. I actually wish I smoked pot, because that show would make me orgasm if I was high. I don't see FofC lasting, because it is too odd and it is missing any charismatic star power, which seems to be a prerequisite for a successful HBO show, but I have enjoyed what I have seen in the first three episodes. I won't overstate it's brilliance or anything, but it has been entertaining.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I can help you with that if you pm me. I have digi copies off all the episodes. :D

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Flight of the Conchords, which I watched for the time last week, probably takes some getting used to. But it's startlingly original and already is growing on me.

The Entourage habit got lost when it stopped following the Sopranos. I've missed it the last couple of weeks, and I didn't even look to see when it was rerun. I guess that's over with.

10. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

have they ever confirmed that the walsh character is based on vincent gallo? I was listening to an old gallo interview this afternoon from the stern show and the resemblances were striking.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I thought this last Entourage episode was the weakest in the whole series. I really hope it pulls out of the nosedive, because I am still trying to like it. But as long as I get a little hit of Ari's wife every week, I'll keep watching indefinitely.

Conchords is really growing on me. I can't believe there's not already a Rhymenoceros in the rap world.

Draft saved Draft deleted