1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Entourage back?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FootballScribe, Jul 22, 2007.

1. I thought there were some great lines in tonight's episode and, I've enjoyed this season overall. I'm not saying the show's as good as it was a couple seasons ago, but it's still one of my favorites.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Didn't get to see last weeks because the satellite crapped out, but tonights was the most I've laughed out loud at an episode of this show in a long time. Yeah E's a wishy-washy pussy, but it was an excuse to create the Turtle story which was hallarious. Loved this exchange:
    "Don't worry Turtle, I'm taking you to a place where even a one-eyed leper could get laid."
    "Where's that?"
    "Craigslist"

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Finally got The Queen to sit down and watch one with me and she gets to see people doing it in rabbit's suits.
    "You're kidding, right?"

I've seen it four times now. Enjoyed it but only the first of those four - "That's nuts" - was anything out of the ordinary.

4. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I don't care if Ari's kid is in private school, but his quest to get him there was funny.

The whole furry thing was hilarious. Not just the last scene, but everything leading up to it.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was the best episode in a long time... That holds up with the best from the second season...

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Sometimes you need a break from the Hollywood plots and more focus on the characters.
    That's what last night was.
    I enjoyed it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they were forgetting the name of the show... They had them paired off too much for most of this season...

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I thought this was interesting.

-------------

It probably won't be in the classifieds, but Doug Ellin, creator and executive producer of "Entourage" is looking for writers for season five.

"We're looking for writers right now, desperately," Mr. Ellin said in this week's exclusive "Entourage" Backlot talk podcast, with TelevisionWeek's managing editor Melissa Grego.

Discussing yesterday's episode, "The Day Fuckers," Mr. Ellin's son, Lucas, was able to flex his acting chops as Ari's son, who Ari is trying to enroll into private school.

"It was pretty interesting. My son is very unfocused, but he came in so professional and ready to work and go toe-to-toe with Jeremy (Piven)," Mr. Ellin said.

However, he said that Lucas will only be able to see his scene of the show.

"He might be a little freaked out about" the rest of the episode, Mr. Ellin said.

Last night's episode was a change a pace from usual business.

"The show has become more about the business than we ever anticipated," Mr. Ellin said. "While I know some people are anxious to see strong plot development, the episode last night, those are my favorite."

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Thought last night's episode was good with some really funny moments, but I don't like the new, asshole E. Of the five main characters, he is the only one I could identify with. I'm definitely no Vince or Drama, and I think I'm at least a little above Turtle. I can't even see Ari, he's so far above me. But Eric, I could relate to, but not the Eric that does the one-night stands and gets in fights in restaurants.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I can relate to your feelings about E, but I can understand, for the most part, the direction he's heading. Considering what pricks the other handlers in Vince's professional life can be (Ari and the publicist), I think it was only a matter of time before the realities of being a Hollywood player began to shape his persona. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it looks.

As for getting in fights in restaurants, well, after what Walsh said, I think many of us would lose our cool.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I gotta say, when I hear Harry Shearer or Hank Azaria speak, I hear parts of all the characters they voice on The Simpsons.

I keep listening to Dan Castalanetta these past few eps of Entourage, and I don't hear any of the big guy peeking through.

Very impressive.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'm only halfway through this week's episode, and I think it's time to reword the title and remove the question mark.

Draft saved Draft deleted