1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Edgerrin James a Hall of Famer? Which current players make it to Canton?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 6, 2009.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3-7 in playoff games. All 3 wins were wild card games and 2 were home games. Never played a conference Championship game.

Could Moon do what Warner did on Warner's teams? Yes. But I think Warner may have gone further with Moon's teams then Moon did

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I don't.

The Oilers were cursed and it wasn't Moon's fault.

They always had leads in playoff games and lost them.

I'm fairly certain Kurt Warner would not have been there to stop John Elway's game winning drive in 26-24 or Frank Reich's 35 unanswered points in 41-38.

In fact, in that game, trailing 38-35, Kevin Gilbride and Jack Pardee decided to play for a field goal at the end of regulation instead of go for the win. How do I know this -- I've watched the NFL's Greatest Games far too many times........

And the year the Oilers lost to Montana and Kansas City, unfortunately the Oilers defense and offensive line was really beaten up and the injuries showed in that game.

Those last two years, I thought the Oilers had the best team in the AFC - at least talent wise --- but they had a lot of chemistry issues and Pardee was not very good at handling all of the personalities and making them mesh into one unit.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Moon played for two rodeo clowns in Houston and another in Minnesota.

The playoff record, once again, not attributable to one player.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Moon lost a playoff game AT HOME to a Marty Schottenheimer coached team and he's STILL in the HOF. :)

Marty's only road playoff win...

Draft saved Draft deleted