1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Dr. J lying when he said he couldn't afford an anniversary gift?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Aug 11, 2006.

?

Is Dr. J lying when he said he couldn't afford an anniversary gift?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

If funds are tight, dude needs to get creative, not apply for another credit card.

We don't, as a rule, get anniversary gifts for each other. Not even for the first one.
    Rarely birthday presents either. There's too much pressure there, and I'd rather get something unexpected (doesn't have to cost much) on any random day than something on my birthday or anniversary because Hallmark tells us so, that I probably don't even want or need.

One gift at Christmas. That's it. When we need stuff, or there's something we want, we'll tend to pick it up for the other.

The best gifts I've gotten are cards the hubby personally designed and drew for me. They're stunning. I've saved every single one. From birthdays to anniversaries to graduating college to just because (all together now: awwwwwwwwwwww).

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It ain't nothin for me to whup a Nats fan's ass, by God.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How big a boy are you?

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

An autographed copy of a very rare book (first anniversary is paper).

Okay, since you're all waiting on pins and needles (and because I dropped out of sight about five minutes after I started this thread), Dr. J figured out something at the last minute.

K here goes. I got......

Custom-made, one-carat ruby earings in a white gold setting.

Next year won't be as extravagant. Second year is China, so we're getting take out. ;D

5. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

See? All that worry for nothing.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Not really. He maxed out his other credit card BEFORE they charged him interest for the month.

I feel really bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted