1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Dino Laurenzi an anti-Semite?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is what I don't understand. Fine, deny, deny, deny, but does Ryan Braun really believe someone's gonna buy this BS line about some randomly selected, low-level urine collection dude just happening to be an anti-Semitic Cubs fan? Even if they did, the lies start to unravel at some point.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are less-believable parts to his story as he told it then. Now? We'll see if/when he finally speaks beyond the initial statement when he accepted the suspension.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Who'd a thunk it; Braun and Dempster somehow pull A-Rod out of the cesspool, get him new clothes, and make him out to be a sympathetic figure. Wow.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I still don't understand how anybody with half a brain could have believed him to begin with.

5. outofplace

I still don't understand how anybody with half a brain swallowed everything MLB fed the public without question.

Then there were some people who had the sense to be skeptical about both sides.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Indeed. Raging against the idea that Braun took PEDs was definitely the sound logical play with the benefit of hindsight.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Who would those people be? Certainly not you.

You're a liar if you say you were. You were totally in the tank for this fucking piece of shit.

8. outofplace

Wrong again, as usual, A_QB. I've explained the point I was making repeatedly. You are just too dense or too stubborn to get it.

I NEVER said Braun was clean. Never. You are lying or ignorant if you say otherwise.

9. outofplace

Perhaps, but that's not what I did. I argued against accepting it as fact before it became fact. I'm sorry you failed to understand that.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

How lovely. Poo and poop going at it ruining another thread.

11. outofplace

You have no idea what kind of liar I am. I don't bother with it here.

You, on the other hand, rarely do anything here but lie. Now please apologize to Chef for stalking me on yet another thread and move along. Thank you and have a nice day.

On the current point, I never said Braun was clean. It's not my fault some of you don't understand that I can question the evidence yet still question him as well. I guess it's an understandable mistake if you are being lazy or have issues with reading comprehension. I did post far more often questioning MLB, mostly because so many posters here just accepted whatever was fed to them without question.

Then you had the folks like A_QB, who automatically assume guilt any time there is a rumor of PED use they can cling to. He has been making accusations about Albert Pujols with no real evidence to back them up for years. He has also claimed that any player who was managed by Tony LaRussa is guilty by association. He, and those like him, are the reason I jumped into the Braun thing like I did. Especially those on this site who claim to have a Hall of Fame vote and admit they are going to punish players for even having rumors of use about them.

A_QB has since graduated to saying that every single elite player in the last 20 or 30 years used PEDs. Greg Maddux? User. Tom Glavine? User. Tony Gwynn? User. Troy Tulowitzki, Felix Hernandez, Zack Greinke, Mike Trout, Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder among many others? All users. He just KNOWS it. I've given him ample opportunity to say he was just kidding or exaggerating, but he insists he means it.

Ah well. Have a nice day, folks.

You, on the other hand, rarely do anything but lie, here. That and stalk me. So please, just apologize to Chef for stalking me on yet another thread and move along. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

FWIW, Votto and Tulo have said the Braun coming to them with the anti-semite stuff is bunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.