1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Die Hard a Christmas Movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daytonadan1983, Dec 24, 2010.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The Christmas Eve viewing at my casa was "Control." I've unilaterally decided that the tale of a young Englishman's journey through late '70s punk/new wave, epilepsy, extramarital woes and eventual suicide is every bit as much a Christmas movie as "It's a Wonderful Life."

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Two things. One, as somebody who was almost creepily smitten with her and her legs when I was growing up, it's Vera Ellen, not Allen.

Second, complete aside: My new-ish girlfriend just saw It's a Wonderful Life for the first time in her life -- and was decidedly unimpressed.

As to the question at hand, I get a Christmasy feeling from it. I have to say yes.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Definitely a Christmas movie.

It has a real Christmas vibe throughout -- having to work or travel or attend the office party or deal with "terrorists" on Christmas.

Plus it's one of those movies you can watch again and again.

Not a holiday movie, though.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

nothing creepy about being smitten with vera ellen or her legs

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Christmas Eve viewing: Love Actually, The Bishop's Wife, Godfather (under rated XMas Movie) The Don is shot while Mike and Kay are Christmas Shopping and then they see the Bells of St Mary. Tom Hagan is taken by Solozzo while Christmas shopping. When Vito goes the the fruit stand right before he's gunned down, he says Merry Christmas to the fruit vendor.

6. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Die Hard is as much a Christmas movie as is Batman Returns.

Draft saved Draft deleted