1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Chris Drury the most underrated big game player in sports today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, May 6, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

In the minors, marries to a woman twice his age I think.

2. blueview

blueview Member

Drury goes about his success quietly. The man hates attention. Has so since his days at Fairfield Prep. Like the cliche, he acts like he's been there before.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In all of sports? Buh... buh... buh...

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Ooooo, I'm gonna' give this one a 7 on the slapfuck meter. Not slappy enough. You gave too much info on that post. You actually mentioned the word "sport".

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Retired and in semi-seclusion

[​IMG]

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Can someone really be labeled "most underrated" when the nation's biggest sports magazine just did a decent-sized feature on how clutch he is?

7. I was thinking that, too.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wel, since's he's been doing it since 1989 and it's now 2007 and that's the first big SI takeout I ever remember on the guy, yes.

SI is just late to the party.

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Come on, now. What makes him worthy of the SI takeout is all the big goals he's scored in the NHL. Pitching a LLWS championship game and winning an NCAA hockey title, while impressive feats, aren't enough unless you can build upon them later in your career. Drury has done just that, and now he's getting recognized for it.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You assume that was meant for you and your infatuation with the (oh yeah, he isn't a) rapist.
    Sometimes, you have an inflated sense of self-importance.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

So, she's 60?

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

For Drury's sake, I hope he has his chin strap securely fastened this time....

[​IMG]

Because let's face it - if his strap had been done up properly, his helmet wouldn't have come off when he got smoked by Neil and he wouldn't have hit his bare head on the ice. The end.

Draft saved Draft deleted