1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Boeheim getting a pass?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure Fine has been tied to any of Fine's actions.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Except according to his own wife, on tape.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a good point. Boeheim has never been seen as anything close to a saint. He was known as such a dickhead for so long. By most accounts he has mellowed considerably over the last decade or so.

I truly don't believe that Boeheim knew anything. Maybe we'll find out differently someday.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Unless not.

msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Syracuse-Orangemen-Bernie-Fine-child-molestation-allegations-011612

Now, with Floyd VanHooser admitting publicly that he lied when he said Fine molested him as a child, maybe the public and the media are prepared to consider the real possibility that the supposedly damning, secretly recorded audiotape of a phone conversation between Laurie Fine and Bobby Davis doesn’t reveal what everyone thinks it does.

There’s a chance, as Fine’s wife insinuated on the tape, the “crime” Bernie Fine got away with for decades was living in the closet as a gay man, not child molestation.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember seeing that initial interview with the accuser and something just didn't seem right.

Go back to the original Syracuse thread and there were a lot of people here who didn't think everything was adding up.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The whole thing makes more sense if the "secret" Bernie Fine is hiding is that he's an active homosexual with adult men outside his marriage.

Draft saved Draft deleted