1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Bill trying to sabotage Hillary?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Apr 22, 2008.

1. For more than a decade, Bill Clinton hasn been called "the greatest campaigner in politics."
    But he has had one misstep after another during this election. Here's the most recent one.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/22/bill.clinton.race/index.html

I think even those who dislike the man or his political views would agree he is extremely intelligent. So, is he simply losing it, or does he not want his wife to be president?
    Really, I've always been a big fan of his, but I'm beginning to think he doesn't want to be the first "First Husband."

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Why wouldn't he want to be?
    He's living in DC again, in the center of power. He's hobnobbing, giving advice. I don't buy it.
    I do, however, think he had no common sense when it comes to keeping quiet.

3. The thing is, he wasn't making screw-ups like this when he was campaigning for himself.
    He had his issues with women, but not foot-in-mouth syndrome.
    I don't know. Like I said, I've always been a big fan of his, but I think he's too smart to keep doing this completely by accident.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I know what you mean, but I think it's stupidity, not malice.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I certainly don't think it's malice. Another four or eight years in the White House means he can start charging close to seven figures for speaking engagements (as opposed to the $450k he does now).

6. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Some people are not meant to be backup singers - Bill is one of them.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No, I think you're wrong about that. I think it would be very hard for him to get those seven-figure handshakes as First Husband.

I was joking about this tonight with my wife. Can you imagine him calling Obama in the middle of the night? "Now look, I'm gonna help you out in South Carolina. You just remember, you owe me one ..."

Draft saved Draft deleted