1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anyone still watching Life?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Oct 14, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

Season 2 is up and running, and you can watch all four episodes on Hulu or STC.

Pretty good run so far, but NBC seems to be jerking the show around a bit. Given a couple seasons at a regular slot, this show's a hit.

And damn, Dani Reese is stunning.

2. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Looks like you're all alone

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

No, he's not. I'm a Lifer.
    Actually, I'm a huge Damian Lewis fan. Like Hugh Laurie, a Brit that you'd never guess unless you knew it. He was great in Band of Brothers, and I was happy that he found his way to Life.
    That said, I've been a little disappointed in this season so far. Last year, dude was so much more odd, more Zen, was still close to his prison release that his quirks were defined by it.
    This year, they've really toned all of that down, and I miss it. Ted's not even as much a part of the dhow as he was last season.
    I do like the addition of the new chief, though.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was into this show when it came out last year and then they never replayed it during the writer's strike.

The show had definite potential, but if it fails that will be the likely reason.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll be surprised if it lives beyond this season. Joining all those other shows that I liked that died before its time, IMHO -- Ed, Studio 60, Love Monkey, etc.

With Charlie finding the killer at the end of last season, it's almost as if the writers are surprised it's back this season. There was still so much to be milked out of the story before Charlie was proven innocent, and I get the feeling that they wanted to wrap it up in case that was the end of the show.

6. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

DAMN, Love Monkey was AWESOME.

That makes sense about wrapping it up though. But now I'm even more intrigued.

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm watching it and loving it. I love the show, and will continue to do so until they take it off the air.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm figuring it's a goner, but I'll stick with it because the cast is good. Seems like they put the A plot (unravelling the conspiracy) on the waayyyy back burner, the show seems to lack some urgency, and we haven't had any of Sarah Shahi's rehab issues come up thus far. A lot of the relationships and other issues that made the first season so interesting (how people still hated him at work), has been shelved and it's like the show has become Hunter but with a "nerd." (See my thread on whatever happened to real cop shows.)

9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Wow! Great call on the "Hunter but with a nerd." Still a fan of the show, but it's definitely taken a step back.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

As long as Lewis is in it, I'll watch it. He makes it great, though the stories this season have been underwhelming compared with last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted