1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anyone having problems with Gmail (Part IV)?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I sent two e-mails from my Gmail account to my work account and they bounced back unable to be sent. Apparently whatever filter we have that is inadvertently blocking AOL addresses is also blocking Gmail.

Then, I sent the e-mails to my other personal account. They have yet to arrive 24 hours later.

Then, I sent one to a friend, and she said her Outlook Express shuts down every time she tries to open it or delete it. I have a run virus scan on my computer. No problems.

But Gmail seems to be a little weird. Anyone else having problems of any kind with Gmail?

2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Just logged in and everything seems fine for me. Sorry.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Ditto.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Last week I had two of my e-mails send themselves like four times apiece.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I was having trouble logging in with Thunderbird for a minute or two, but that's about it and all is back to normal. Web interface seems to be working. Test message from Gmail via T-bird to my Yahoo account arrived within seconds.

What are you trying to send? Could it be an attachment issue?

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Well I haven't got an e-mail that was sent to me half an hour ago (I witnessed it) and somone didn't receive a test e-mail I sent 10 minutes ago. If I were paying for this, I would be pissed.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

No attachments involved. Just regular text.

I did check my other personal account and discovered that its spam filter blocked Gmail. I put myself on my safe senders list. That was a little like tickling myself.

Odd.

Still don't know why outgoing e-mails are causing other people problems. It does seem there are some spam filters that treat AOL and Gmail as suspicious.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Here is the message I received from my school's IT department in response to my inquiry about GMail being treated as spam:

I am responding to the issue listed below. Google gmail is currently on a email blacklist, which means they sent email to one or more spam traps on the internet. They are currently working to resolve the issue. Please continue to monitor your quarantine list for legitimate email until they resolve the issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted