1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anyone else loving "Chuck"?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babyjay, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

Zachary Levi could not be more adorable, and I'm just a sucker for these brainy, nerdy types. And the show is pretty funny. I'm hooked!

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I can't decide if Chuck's "girlfriend" or Chuck's sister is hotter. And the underwear/thong shot watch is surely the main thing bringing in the 13-21 male demo.

Oh, and there's good plots, fun secondary characters, and Adam Baldwin is a riot.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

mrs. petty tivoed and kept talking it up. i gave it a shot one bored afternoon, and it was one of the best moves i've made in some time.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I like the show, in a random funniness kind of way. Gave the show a shot just because of Sarah Lancaster (from the short-lived "What About Brian") but much prefer the Yvonne girl. Kinda proud I haven't committed her last name to memory yet. (/lying)

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

YES!!! I love this show. Very funny.

Yvonee Stahawski (sp?) is smoking and Adam Baldwin just makes the show.

And Chuck's "girlfriend" is hotter. She was on Craig Ferguson a while back and her accent is sweeeet!

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

One of the better new shows - also digging Dirty Sexy Money and Pushing Daisies.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i saw an episode or two and liked it

the lone positive to the writers strike may be that the reruns start earlier of shows i missed out on like chuck and pushing daisies

8. I've been waiting for this thread for a while.
    I LOVE "Chuck."
    Is it the best new show on television? No. ("Dirty Sexy Money" is, in my opinion). But, it's an hour of fun that I always look forward to. The stand-alone missions are always fun and the overall story arc is shaping up pretty nicely.
    And, yes, the women are HOT. Yvonne Strahovsky (sp?) and Sarah Lancaster are one of the best 1-2 punches on TV right now.

9. Agreed. I don't think there's a lot of shows worth watching these days (House and 30 Rock are on the TiVo list as well), but this is one of them. May have to add Dirst Sexy Money to that list though, judging from earlier posts here.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I thought this could be a good new show, so I set the TIVO to record it every week, and about 7 episodes piled up before I finally dived in 2 weeks ago.
    Very glad I did. It's a funny, smart show - I don't usually like action shows, but this had enough humor and intelligence to keep me interested.
    Only one thing I'm wondering: I'm about 6 episodes in and they've fucked up Chuck's "Nerd Herd" car twice pretty badly.
    How does he explain that away to Big Jim?
    Regardless, great show. I'm hoping Life (the next show I've TIVO-stockpiled) is as good.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why didn't you start one, then?

12. Because, as someone with a relatively low number of posts knows, "newbies" aren't treated the best around various message boards. I knew if I had started a "Chuck" thread, it was likely a bunch of the veterans (and you know who they are) would've mocked the show (and myself) endlessly.

All credit goes to Babyjay. Talk about a "newbie" with some testicular fortitude! I was glad to see I was wrong and have learned a valuable lesson. :)

Now, let's get back to talking about TWOC ... The Women of Chuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted