1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anybody else really down about the election, Olympics... everything?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Poin, I don't mean that. I think many of us "regular people" would embrace anyone who takes seriously both the defense of this country and the domestic agenda of the working people. I'm saying that to any politician, save for a scant few, the only thing that matters is who's in power.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

I'm a lifelong Democrat. Although I'm probably voting for a Republican this year for County Sheriff, I was cautiously optimistic about this election. Obama and McCain were supposed to be different. But they've turned out to be the same as all other politicians - both have shed any semblance of being different. McCain is NOTHING like he was in 2000 when he legitimately had new ideas to challenge the corporate and political establishment. Obama was supposed to be a diehard liberal fighting for the little guy. Now he's for faith-based charities, supports the Supreme Court's decision on gun bans and has been yanked so quickly to the center that he probably has whiplash.

Fuck them both. Fuck.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Agreed.

You couldn't fill a sink with what both of these men know of political economy.

4. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Now that's starting to sound like something I can live with. And we won't have change until we back a third party candidate with votes as much as money.

All that aside, the ESPN blog on the Olympics is pretty damn entertaining. Makes me thing those people are nothing if not thugs.

Draft saved Draft deleted