1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America having a funky toenail crisis?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I swear at least a third of the commercials on radio and TV are cures for embarrassing, fungus-infected toenails.

I can't recall hearing or seeing commercials for these products until the last year or so. Now they're everywhere.

I would assume this is some sort of national health crisis?

The radio commercials have testimonials from people who have been cured and now feel free to to move about freely without shoes or socks. The TV commercials have animations with little grebes lifting the nail and setting up housekeeping underneath, casuing the whole mess to turn the sickly yellow that discolors smokers' fingers.

Has the surgeon general chimed in on any of this?

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

too much toe to ass to mouth

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's big pharma at work.

The cost of those pills is ridiculous, and they're usually not covered by insurance. The treatment is three months long. Do the math, and it's a lot of money.

It's not that people are having more problems, it's that they're more likely to turn to a pill than a home remedy these days. And big pharma is more than happy to advertise to keep people believing they need the pills.

And yeah, those commercials make me cringe.

Draft saved Draft deleted