1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is a burrito a sandwich?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

A fellow cilantro hater! Woo-hoo. I've never noticed the cilantro in Chipotle burritos either.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Quesadillas are typically made with TWO tortillas.

Throw the incompetent judge out. Appeal the verdict. Power to Panera!

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i hate cilantro more than any other food. i have actually heard that there is a gene that makes people cilantro taste like soap to some people but i don't know if this is true.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love cilantro. What do you have against soap, leo?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, but no one would confuse a sandwich with a burrito so the Coke/Pepsi analogy isn't valid at all.

If Coke tried to stop someone from selling coffee, then I'd have the same response.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chipotle rice is cilantro lime, and it tastes like cilantro and lime.

The salsas all have cilantro, too, except, I think, for the really spicy ones.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Court case considerations aside, my first thought on seeing the thread title was, "well, there's bread, meat, and other unknown substances inside. Sounds like a sandwich to me." That said, Panera can bite me.

8. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I like Qdoba, though it is far from my favorite Mexican place. But Panera has free wireless, so it deserves some love just for that.
    Qdoba doesn't do wireless, but Moe's, which I think is better, does.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Moe's beats the shit out of Qdoba. To me, Qdoba two notches above Taco Bell.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So my question is, why the hell isn't Qdoba or Panera, for that matter, up here?
    Maybe I should buy Canadian franchise rights.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Panera is good shit. They have good coffee and bread to go along with the sandwiches and the free wi-fi.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Mid-scale Mex-ish resturant rankings!

1. Baja Fresh
    2. Qdoba
    3. Moe's
    4. Chipotle

Draft saved Draft deleted