1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irrefutable proof that JDV gets more than anyone else on sj.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that farmerjerome. I love pixies and some friends can't understand that. I tell them I just like the skinny ones.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm. Creamora called me a "string bean" once. I should be pulling provably, demonstrably hot 18 to 35s.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Your body and a copy of "Atlas Shrugged" will nail 'em every time. :)

4. Flash

Flash Guest

It's Stampede Week. You take the bullriders. I'll take the steer wrestlers.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, but not everybody is enamoured with the macho bullshit of the Stampede.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070709.wlstampede09/BNStory/lifeWork/home

"There is this total tyranny that takes hold," says Holly Irwin, 21, who works at an office supplies outlet in the city. "It's this total Big Brother aspect where they expect you to dress a certain way."

Last year managers at her store took up the Stampede banner and asked every employee to don western gear. "It wasn't like they would tell you that you'd be fired if you didn't wear it, but it is enforced," Ms. Irwin says. "Management comes around and says, 'Where's your spurs?' They don't want to be labelled as the one store in the city that doesn't participate."

6. Flash

Flash Guest

What a party pooper. No, I don't have to wear Western gear. Yes, it was encouraged. No, I don't feel like I have to.

But it's a helluva lot of fun. Plus, if you're walking downtown and Stampede staff spies you, you get free stuff.

It's easier to get into now that I'm a downtowner.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a party pooper. But this guy was probably on his 12th beer when he started serving pancakes.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love, love, LOVE, me some bull riders. Rowrrrrrr.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

ROFLMAO! Oh wow, good ol' Ralph just a flippin' the griddles. Can't tell by the colour of his nose that he'd been at Honey's all night long!

That said, some girls tried to pie Steady Eddie this morning and got slammed face first into the ground. It was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

I missed this thread but I love it!

Nice JR.

MMac pretty much nailed it - lol.

All of this is obvious.

JDV

11. chazp

chazp Active Member

You are nominated for POST OF THE WEEK! LOL!

12. It was posted nine days ago.

LOL!

Draft saved Draft deleted