1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony, part MCMXLVII.VI: Phelps to picket Falwell's funeral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, May 16, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Phelps followers.

Falwell followers.

Same place. Same time.

Explosion?

We can only hope.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Good thing you aren't mean-spirited and hateful like those meanies from the right.....

3. Sectarian bloodshed averted.
    Welcome to Belfast, Virginia.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just stumbled on this thread... you need to go back to telling people "fuck off and die," as you did over and over on that other thread. Because 1) I am not everpresent on this board--my fingerprints aren't on every thread, and 2) All I did on that Falwell thread was post his exact bigoted, hateful words about a number of things. I never mentioned this Phelps moron, nor did I make any of the sweeping generalizations you attributed to me about "evangelicals." You use hyperbole when posting on here, you make up things and attribute them to others in order to go on your rants and when none of that works you do what baffles me most since you are an avowed Christian--you violate the golden rule and act nasty.

As for Falwell, I won't rehash what amounted to an entire thread, but he was a segregationist and he was intolerant and mean-spirited toward those who weren't like him. For example, he made meanspirited, wrongful comments about how gay people were responsible for 9/11 right after the attack, and said lots of other cruel things about those he wished to demonize (The fact that I was able to post all of those quotes from him without even trying very hard makes all the statement I needed to). I stand by everything I said about him, particularly since most of what I did on that thread was use his own words to show what a nasty, mean-spirited, hateful bigot he was.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed. Wow.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'm obviously being funny, as I wish ill on no one, regardless of beliefs. The absurdity of this whole ordeal has to make you shake your head, though.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I gather the kid didn't pass his Ten Commandments class

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Interesting that the ABC story never once mentioned Phelps or his group by name.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Nietzsche: God is dead. Phelps to protest at His funeral.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Holy Jesus, somewhere God is weeping. That, and forwarding that load of shit to all of his friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted