1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony, part MCMXLVII.VI: Phelps to picket Falwell's funeral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, May 16, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://tinyurl.com/2lwodx

Straight off the flyer with no changes, folks. Sadly, I can't use the ::) smiley as the thread icon.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Billy Graham a backslider?

WBS's faithful Bible preaching? (They certainly aren't reading the same Bible I do!)

Those Phelps freaks give new meaning to being whacked beyond belief.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fab Freddy and his crew never did show up at Virginia Tech, did they? Probably didn't want to go home in a bag.

Go ahead, show up at Lynchburg, freaks -- I would daresay a pretty high percentage of Falwell's fan club also happen to be card-carrying NRA members.

Sooner or later, they'll rattle the wrong cage. Good times.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fenian, look up the Virginia Citizens Defense League. I'm guessing Falwell has a lot of members affiliated with them, and they make the NRA look rather reasonable when it comes to gun laws.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Are these the "haters" people on this board are always talking about? They are so hateful they even hate the lesser haters.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Galatians 6:7 -- "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap."

They quote a Bible verse, using it incorrectly, and spread hatred. Those Phelps freaks will undoubtedly have a lot to answer for at the Pearly Gates.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As Starman said, these phonies didn't have the gnads to show up in Blacksburg. Sadly, they may be welcomed (by some) in Lynchburg, where I am sure some will use Falwell's service to promote personal agendas, but I imagine they'd have at least one leaving in a body bag if they do.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Pearly Gates?
    They are in the HOV lane to hell.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll explain markvid.

I had this wonderful vision of the Phelps Freak Show showing up at the Pearly Gates, and God is standing there, arms folded across His chest.

"So," He says, grim look on His face. "You want to explain yourselves? All this protesting funerals and heaping more heartache and grief upon those already stricken?"

"We did it in Your Name, Father," Phelps will answer. "Those god-forsaken fags besmirched your good name and they will ALL ROT IN HELL! None of them other heathens preached the true gospel like we did! Stupid, sinning FAGGOTS!"

God shakes His head. "Did you not understand the part about 'hate the sin, love the sinner?' How much clearer can 'judge not, lest ye be judged' be? Did you not see the verse with the Golden Rule, 'Do unto others as you would have others do unto you?'"

"Fags don't count in that, and as a result, anyone who supports those homo queers don't either," Phelps retorts defiantly.

"Well, then," God says. "You need to follow this road here. The further down it you go, the rockier it will get. When you see the flames, you will know you're close."

Then God turns around, walks through the Pearly Gates, silently latching them once He is through; leaving the Phelps Freaks staring at the closed gates.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Phelps hates Billy Graham!?! Is there anybody who isn't related to Fred Phelps they don't hate?

I still don't know why people pay attention to this cult. We should treat them like the trolls they are. Ignore them and eventually they'll go away.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Standing O.

I love it.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Irony II:

No one seems to mind people speaking on God's behalf when He's saying what you want to hear.

Draft saved Draft deleted