1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Irish twins"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Jul 26, 2009.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My parents were smart enough to make me pay for my own university. :-\

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My older sisters are 13 months apart, almost to the day.
    Not surprisingly, it was another 5 1/2 years before I came along.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Apparently that makes my three siblings "Irish Triplets," since they are all 11 months apart.

I've acquired my useless information for the day!! :D

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

One of my older sisters has two sons who were born 10 months and two days apart.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My partner had "Irish twins" (he's Irish) and I remember after their first was born, someone said his wife was pregnant shortly thereafter and I said no way....um yes way. 11 mos apart. wow.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My cousin just had two inside of 11 months. That's like 18 straight months of being pregnant. I would shoot myself.

7. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Same for me except my parents waited 14 years.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cough, accident, cough.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My aunt and uncle have three boys.

The second one is 11 months younger than the oldest.

The third one is 10 months younger than the second son.

That's kind of crazy since you're not supposed to have sex for six weeks after giving birth.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

We have five siblings in the family; the oldest is a little more than seven years older than the youngest.

The odd thing is that it took years for my mom to get pregnant, to the point she was taking the bus into the city and lighting candles at St. Patrick's Cathedral to help the process (somehow).

I have to assume they were doing it the right way all along, but something happened. I guess St. Patrick took notice.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's kinda what happened with my cousin. After the first they weren't thinking about protection since it was so hard for them to get pregnant. But I guess with all those changing hormones ...

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My sister had five kids in seven years.
    We are of 100 percent Irish descent, and although I'm not religious, the rest of my family is very Catholic.

Draft saved Draft deleted