1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iraq II: Will we be THAT stupid again?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Sep 14, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I found this part particularly humorous:

Apparently, lyman doesn't know that we can't actually hear him as he's reading out loud to himself.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

So are you the Man From Nantucket now?

"If my ear was a c--- I would fuck it."

:eek:

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Article 1, section 9, paragraph 8.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

For those not inclined to google ...
    No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.

Instead of King, how about president-for-life?
    Psst, Jones. Hey Jones! That Bubbler cat is cool and all, but I got first dibs on that Manny gig. Don't let his sweet-talking ways cloud your decision.

We could just round up all the Muslims, them and the gays and the other undesirables. Put them in camps, burn or gas 'em or something. But that's been done before. And do you really want to use Hitler as your model?
    Then you have the Leo McGarry solution. The end result is the American flag flying from Mecca.
    It seems like we have two choices, engage or contain. Engage means an eventual global war and contain smells of 1930s policy. I have to think that a third way is out there. but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. And it seems most people aren't smart enough either.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Technically, a king is royal, not noble. Same with queen, prince and princess.

7. Back to the original topic.
    Oh, yes, we will, apparently.
    http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/news/columnists/warren_p_strobel/15529884.htm?source=rss&channel=krwashington_warren_p_strobel

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with the facts."

Can't wait to see how far the Petulant Little Bitch runs with this ball.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Be very afraid.

Say this, for Charlie K. (for once) . . . the old boy didn't sugarcoat it.

And we have the Idiot in Chief, making decisions.

Scary shit.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think Baby Doc Bush (hey, a new nickname) is ticketed for PFL status.

BTW, the Constitution does not stop Yanks from being granted knighthoods, though under it knighthoods are purely honorary. Presidents Reagan and Bush I, Bill Gates, Rudy Giuliani, Alan Greenspan, Colin Powell and others have been so honored in the past.

The American White Knights of the KKK is a horse of another color, however.

12. Schwarzkopf, too, I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted