1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iraq bound?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jones, Jul 15, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Stricken.

2. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

I apologize for any misconstrued material I posted.
    As I said, to each his own.
    Good luck on making an acceptable decision about whether to go.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have no specific ideas but if you want to get sense of dangers suggest pick up copy of "Making A Killing" -- a very interesting book written by a fomer member of SAS that went into private security work taking reporters around the country.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Let us know how it works out, Jones. As far as I know, SportsJournalists.com has never had its own Baghdad agate clerk. :)

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jones - I've got a story you should investigate if you go- alegedly Saddam brought it two Russian chemists who used to work with Russian Olympic team in creation of performancing enhancing drugs.

Saddam wanted to find the fountain of youth and also wanted to test on his soldiers.

I've also heard that these guys are now trying to sell their mixes to U.S. athletes through some US distributors. Wildest rumor I've also heard is that the CIA is somehow involved.

Sounds like it might make a good story if you can flush it out a tad more.

Draft saved Draft deleted