1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iraq and Civil War

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rallen13, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Military Rain Man unavailable for comment.

2. http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=6290017

But if we leave, it will get really bad.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Worse than now? Unfortunately, it probably will get worse than now, but still not convinced that's a compelling reason to stay.

4. Can't use the sarcasm font yet, alley. (Hey, posting pictutres took me five years.) Didn't mean the above literally.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

But it's a legit point, sarcasm or not. If we leave, what happens to Iraq? I know that's what a lot of the pro-war people are saying.

My response? Iraq's not getting better with us there. If it's going to go to hell anyway, why not save the lives of thousands of our people and let the Iraqis fight their own battles.

I just do not care about the well-being of Iraqis enough to continue to sacrifice the lives of my fellow Americans.

6. alley --
    Is it too late for us to get your exploratory committee together?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Of course, if we leave they take responsibility for things now. Yeah we broke it, but then when we try and fix it they break it again. They've missed every single bench mark towards progress they were supposed to make and never got held accountable for it. Now the next spending bill holds them accountable and President Oil is livid.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't need one. I've already explored it and I'm ready to do it!

* Balanced budget
    * Reduce the national debt
    * Close down massive portions of the government doing business where it has no reason to do business
    * Legalize pot
    * Pull out of Iraq
    * Increase the size of the military
    * Set up a massive education overhaul
    * Get the government out of the morality legislation business
    * Find a way to generate more revenue for the government without imposing taxes (national lottery, etc.)

That's just the beginning. Who will support me?

9. Oh, swell.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070328/wl_mideast_afp/arabsummitdiplomacy_070328121015

You lost me with the National Lottery, big guy.

10. rallen13

rallen13 Member

If we are so concerned about people in faraway countries, why aren't we spending the money it takes to fight a war in some country where the problem is starvation? Does it always have to be a war before we are willing to get involved? How about screwing the war countries and start doing something humanitarian in some of the other minor league states.?

11. rallen13

rallen13 Member

I'll support you if you add "for medical purposes" to the legalization of pot and make me your campaign manager.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's not the Christian way of doing things. God wants us to be wealthy. Not pissing our money away.

Draft saved Draft deleted