1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iranian Won't Swim With a Jew.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

But floaties are still discouraged. This is the Olympics, dammit!

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That's all well and good, but once again, from this story, we have no idea what event this guy would have gotten his ass kicked in.

And Stoney, well said.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

In the 100 free, 52.25 should get him into the Olympic women's final. Think he'd withdraw from that?

If he competes against the girls, I'll take Libby Trickett straight up.

In the 100 breast, 52.25 would put him seven seconds faster than the current world record. I bet his Muslim mother would be so proud, and bragging to all the other mothers at the mosque.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Jewish guy is probably a lot more streamlined, anyway. Less drag.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where you're coming from. Can you draw a picture?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Iranian sure had some chutzpah.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I said matzo balls! /bad joke.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey how long did it take for U.S newspapers to report on the final solution?

Perhaps this story might have been funny if say it were a Polish swimmer but an Iranian swimmer who's leader is on record as wanting to wipe out Israel - not so funny.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Funny ... a Muslim shows his hatred of someone of a different faith, I wasn the one to post this, yet I get singled out for pointing out that, wow ... this particular Muslim hates someone of a different faith so much that he refuses to compete against him in an athletic contest.

Some of you guys backtrack, swivel-hip and twist things so bad you could be circus contortionists.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I agree, this isn't about Islam. This is about one country full of hate from the top down through some of its brainwashed nationalists that take things too far.

Of course these are the people zerObama actually believes he can sway with his "I Have A Change" speech.

We as a nation have for many years had constant contact with underground groups and the college students who are the grassroots organization that could possibly change Iran someday. But Barry's main focus is on nut jobs who could give two shits what anyone says to them, no matter how pretty the talk is.

These clowns won't become sheep because an empty suit says "Change", "Hope" and "Yes We Can" repeatedly. These guys are muckers. Looking spiffy and talking sweet don't accomplish shit in their world, roadside bombs and automatic weaponry do all the talking they need.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If the Iranian in question was instead a U.S.-born member of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, and he said his faith prevented him from swimming against a Muslim, you people wouldn't give a rat's ass whether his times would accomplish anything in the Olympics or a YMCA meet. You'd be screaming bloody murder about the American religious right showing their hatred of other people.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You are the dumbest person alive who can operate a keyboard.

Balloting is closed.

Draft saved Draft deleted