1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iranian Won't Swim With a Jew.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 23, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Mark Spitz after his mother got ahold of him:

[​IMG]

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey no big deal Ace. Dealing in high-brow humor is tricky. It's a fine line between who gets it and who is insulted. The New Yorker learned the hardway with their Obama cover.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Might Ace be able to work for the New Yorker?

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Who would have though Hwang from "Caddyshack" was Jewish? You just never know.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I couldn't. I can't understand the cartoons.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Doesn't something like this happen at every summer Olympiad? I seem to remember last time round it was an Iranian wrestler refusing to grapple his Israeli opponent, forfeiting the match.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Umm, is it just me or did anyone notice a problem here? What event are we talking about?

As DD astutely pointed out, a 52.25 in the 100 free will get this guy lapped.

Can we get a copy editor on Line 2, please?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Story is two weeks old anyway.

But don't tell Hondo. He's probably tearing up his front page to get this displayed properly.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In swimming, they are letting athletes compete with far less than word-class times to expand the profile of the sport worldwide and get more participation on the grass-roots level in some countries.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's hondo-that's the only thing he knows how to do.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

In most Olympic individual sports, each country is allowed one entry in each event regardless of qualifying time. It's only if a country wants to enter more than one athlete in an event that the athlete(s) must meet a qualifying standard.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I believe in both cases it was a subpar athlete who would've gotten his ass kicked anyways. This isn't really about competing against jews, it's about the fear of being seen losing to jews. It's an act of cowardice disguised as principle.

Draft saved Draft deleted