1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran: More gunboat diplomacy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

One word: Draft.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Seriouly, though, I read this story in the Washington Post and I felt a little better. A little.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/25/AR2007102502840.html?hpid=topnews

Lots of fun reading on how an attack would send the oil industry, and thus our economy, into a crisis.

3. BBJones

BBJones Guest

I'm curious how you figured that. In GWI, Iraq supposedly had the world's fourth-strongest military, with the vaunted Republican Guard leading the way. The entire thing folded like those "Oh-eee-Oh, Yo-oh" guys at the end the Wizard of Oz. It did so again in '03. I suspect Iran -- with the oddly similar-sound Revolutionary guard playing offensive line -- would do much the same. They hate their leadership there. They're in the military out of obligation and fear. If someone throws a bucket of water on Ahmadinejad, I imagine the Iranian soldiers will quickly hand over the broomstick and bow.

But, as in Iraq, it's not the soliders with the government-issue uniforms and rifles we should be worried about.

Fenian_Bastard, as has been said in other forms, it's not the guy with 2,000 nukes aimed at me I'm afraid of. It's the guy with one.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So if Iran knows we know they know we know they we know they know we know they know we're planning a pree-emptive attack, who fires the first shot?

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

In a perfect world? No one.

This day and age? Bush.

Draft saved Draft deleted