1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran: More gunboat diplomacy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Unfortunately, I think we all know the answer to that one.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If pre-emptive attacks are justifiable for the US to do, does that mean it'd be OK for other countries to attack the US if we are getting ready to attack them?

Or is that one of those "good for the goose but not the gander" situations?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And Inky just gave Bush reason to invade Iran.
    Thanks, man, thanks

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This doesn't really need to be said, but of course Iran doesn't have the capability to attack us.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But Frum wrote Iranian agents already have.

6. JayFarrar

Maybe he means the American embassy? Since that is American soil, it would be technically correct to say Iranian agents have done things, but it would be incredibly misleading.

7. IU90

IU90 Member

Damn straight, all your fault, Inky. Now we HAVE TO pre-emptively attack them because we know they might be considering a pre-emptive attack on us because they know we might be considering a pre-emptive attack on them because we know they might soon have nuclear capabilities. That's the Bush preemption doctrine for you. A surefire recipe for lasting world peace.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

IU90 is a now a leading candidate for the SportsJournalists.com Dr. Strangelove Emeritus Chair in Foreign Studies.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Neither did Iraq.

10. JayFarrar

Holy crap on a crap stick
    Someone please tell me that Asia Times isn't legit. That Pepe Escobar makes things up ...

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IJ26Ak06.html?=retrieve_rss

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

This has nothing to do with anything, but I wish my byline was as cool as "Pepe Escobar".

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

We're kicking ass!

Draft saved Draft deleted