1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran behind terrorist assassination plot aimed at Saudi ambassador to U.S.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

Are we afraid of the Iranians here?

Not sure if the thread blew up earlier, but a real news event broke today concerning Iran's plot to assassinate the Saudi diplomat to the U.S. because of concerns the Saudis and Israel are working together on a plan to knock Iran's nuke power out. There should be the opportunity for discussion on it.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I win the bet.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Your prize is a dinner with printdust.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Brian Ross is Deeper Background.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Yall's prize is a sharia weekend with your buddies over there who want the West destroyed and Israell in the Mediteranean.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll take that over the grand prize.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Of course you will.

You'll of course negotiate a world peace with them. Or at least you'll plan on it before they put you in front of one of those banners and a TV camera and well, then you can do what's natural and talk nasty about Bush and the faults of America.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

but in the meantime, let's ignore that Iran is a country of bastards.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Can I get some numbers on that? Exactly how many Iranians were born out of wedlock?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wait, what?

Weren't all the righties getting bent absolutely sideways three or four days ago when that mean nasty Obama authorized the "assassination" of a Muslim?

I guess it goes like this: "We'll scream at him about any Muslims he does kill, then we'll scream because he hasn't killed all the rest."

Carry on

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Pulling out a typical SportsJournalists.com rebuttal: SHOW ME WHERE I CONDEMNED OBAMA for doing this good deed.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why are you so hyperbolic about this? Iran and Saudi Arabia don't get along. One is Shiite, one is Sunni. They never have and they likely never will.

I'm not excusing the plot, but there's no reason to go into histrionics about it. Just be glad it got foiled.

Oh wait ... histrionics is your calling card. I forgot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.