1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran attack coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jun 5, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080605/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/air_force_shake_up

Are the Air Force guys resigning in protest of Iran plans? The AP story doesn't hint at that, but you see military guys resign before they give what they think are bad orders.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

No, these guys were just bad at their jobs. They fucked up on multiple occasions.

3. JayFarrar

That's the implication of the story and that very well may be the case, but that may not be the whole story.

Then you have this...
    http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/62590-March-to-war/

Seems like puzzle pieces are out there.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I have no doubt that Bush wants to war with Iran, but the stories about these Air Force guys screwing up have been out there for months. I don't think they are resigning over policy disagreements.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Thing is, with his approval rating in the sewer, he doesn't need to give a damn about public opinion. He and Cheney and the rest can just go on with it,
    and leave Obama with cleaning up the mess -- a microcosm of W's life. Of course, heaven knows who they think is going to fight it.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Everytime somebody says we're attacking Iran, I say, "Us and what army?"

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That just reminded me of one of the 2004 debates, where John Kerry was ripping the Iraq war effort because we were carrying the entire load. Bush starts whining about how Kerry was inaccurate because there were all these other countries helping us.

Kerry responded with the fact that the U.S. was shouldering 90 percent of the load. Bush just smirked.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Actions without personal consequences . . . that's our boy, Fredo.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Coalition of the Window Dressing.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Brits pulled out and now the Aussies are pulling out. Most of the rest pulled out long ago.

The Coalition of the Willing is now an Army of One.

11. JayFarrar

My favorite Coalition of the Willing story was Iceland.
    They had one soldier there. Yet Iceland kept getting thrown out there as this country that was giving all this support.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Of all the Bushisms, "You forgot Poland" is an underrated favorite.

Draft saved Draft deleted