1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPod vs. Zune

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Dec 24, 2006.

?

Should I keep the iPod that I'm getting for Christmas or get a Zune (FYI, I have no Mac products)?

1. Keep it

16 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Trade it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My new laptop has a 120-gig hard drive. When I went laptop shopping, it seemed the basic laptop hard drive nowadays is 80 gigs -- and that's way bigger than my desktop.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah i just got one of those in-car adapters, too. i went through two of those stupid radio thingies before realizing i could get this adapter . i got it at best buy and spent less than $100 for the product and installation. i just plug in my ipod and listen to podcasts on the road. if you're an audiophile you probably wouldn't love the sound quality but it sounds great to me. apparently i could get the cheaper product because of the crummy after-market cd stereo that i installed in my ten-year-old car a couple years ago.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to the 80 gig - I had a 20 gig before, but I have 31 gigs of music in iTunes (with a 400 gig hard drive).

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How long should the battery last on a Nano?

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

iPod all the way. The Zune looks interesting but I'd way for a second gen to come out so MS can get various bugs and such fixed. And I got a very nice car adapter as well. Has a few extensions and a base for the iPod. It's probably too nice but hey, I'll take it.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Would someone please explain how to put DVDs on iTunes/iPods? Please.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

if you have a mac, use handbrake lite, which is awesome and nearly idiot proof

8. heyabbott

need a windows based rip product

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I highly recommend this site:

http://www.anders.com/guides/convert/video/iPod/windows.html

Links to two free programs you'll need, and step by step instructions for dealing with settings that otherwise would have made no sense to me at all.

10. heyabbott

THANK YOU

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Everything I hear about the Zune is terrible...

Draft saved Draft deleted