1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPod syncing issues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Jul 9, 2009.

1. I got a new computer last weekend, a nice HP with Windows Vista, 750 GB of hard drive space and a lot of working memory. I also finally splurged for a new iPod (got mine ripped off at the gym last winter).

Anyway, it's been nothing short of a disaster so far. The iPod won't sync. Or it appears to be syncing, then freezes. Or it won't even appear in the iTunes application. I can play anything out of iTunes on the computer speakers just fine, but when I try to hook the iPod up, it just doesn't work.

I've reset.
    I've restored.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled, which had it working for a short while before disaster struck on the next sync.

I come away with a couple of questions:
    1. Has anyone else had similar problems on here? Google retrieves lots of discussions about iPod syncing issues, particularly in the last year or two, but very little in the way of solutions.
    2. Is it time to take the HP back and just get a Mac?

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Option No. 2 will save you much grief now and in the future.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Dump the ipod. Get a Sansa Fuze for less than a $100. No bullshit itunes software to junk up your system.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've had a similar problem after installing iTunes, but I reinstalled and it cleared up. Not sure why it isn't working for you.

5. Just use Winamp to load your Ipod. Takes a bit to figure it out, but once you do, it's easier than you could ever imagine. And, no BS Itunes software to destroy your computer. And it's so much more user friendly.

Click on song->sent to ipod->Done.

Draft saved Draft deleted