1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPod question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

How many of you have gotten new iPod and tried to transfer music from one iPod to another? I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to get a new classic for Christmas to replace my constantly freezing three-year-old machine. Is there some way to just transfer wholesale or do you have to piecemeal it all? I know there are programs that allow you to transfer from the iPod to the hard drive, but I was wondering if there was anything that allowed you to transfer everything from one unit to the other.

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

If I hear positive reports when this comes out I'm going to spend the $100 and get this, I think.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There are iPod back-up programs that download all the songs to a folder on your hard drive, no?

I had to use one a while back when my Fuckingpieceofcocksuckingdouchenozzleshitstick Dell went tits up.

Would that work for you?
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

The songs in your iTunes should load onto your new one when you plug it into your computer.
  5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Right, when you plug the new one in, the software will recognize it and ask you to go through the basic registration steps. Then you just sync it as you did with the old one. You can still use the old one, too...your computer should recognize both of them.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have clarified. I have 4,500 songs on the old iPod, and most of them aren't on my hard drive anymore because I have a laptop with limited space. I burned a lot of CDs there, then transferred, then deleted from the hard drive to free up space.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Got the iPod (yay!) ... used a program from www.copytrans.net to get all of the stuff off the old pod and onto the new one. Worked very well. I'd recommend it to anyone.
  8. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

I haven't used that program in particular, but I used one that did the same thing, and it worked...but like a month later my Ipod quit recognizing all my songs and I lost everything after Itunes told me I needed to reformat the dang thing.
  9. Oz

Oz Active Member

As someone who just got a new iPod (thank you, Mrs. Oz!), I just have to state that I'm loving it.
  10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Another question from me:

I've uploaded my songs to iTunes, but it's not letting me put them on my iPod. What the fuck am I doing wrong?
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hope I don't run into the problem. A review from about.com on copytrans:

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Is your iPod connected to your computer? Is your ITunes recognizing your iPod? These may seem like stupid questions, but they are the root to many iPod based questions.
Draft saved Draft deleted