1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPod question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 2, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How do I get the songs from my iPod to iTunes?

I sent my Dell (yeah, I now know what a fuck-up that was) to have the motherboard replaced for the second time. When they received the laptop, they said the screen and hard drive were broken -- bullshit, but that's another story.

So, I've lost about 2,000 songs, about 600 of which are on my iPod. I'd like to transfer them to iTunes, but can't figure it out. I know I can sync them, but that deletes everything on the iPod and replaces it with the library, which does me no good.

Help.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Beuller? Beuller? Anyone? Beuller?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

4. ARD

ARD Member

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61148

You can't transfer songs from iPod library to iTunes 6 or earlier, but you can use iPod as a hard disk to transfer music files from one computer to another. iTunes 7 and later let You can transfer purchased content from an iPod to an authorized computer (choose File > Transfer Purchases from iPod). For more information, see iTunes 7 Help (choose Help > iTunes Help).

Also:

How to use your iPod to move your music to a new computer
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, don't use iTunes (obviously).

Try iGadget, PodRip, PodUtil or CopyPod.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I tried it once (Once), and it involved copying the entire ITunes library onto my desktop, then moving it into ITunes. I wanted to move like, 40 songs. So, not so much.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

EphPod works well.

Draft saved Draft deleted