1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPod question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Terd Ferguson, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What's the most memory out there among players (audio only)?

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Ditto on the pleased-with-Nano-but-battery-life-sucks sentiment. Sure has made doing editorial busywork easier to deal with.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

My U2 iPod is incredible.

Totally redefinied how I listen to music and how I buy it.

But, don't put the volumne past 60 percent with earbuds.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What about headphones/earplugs/buds. I have the kind of squishy plugs that go in the ear. Nice but my ears hurt after a while. Not sure if it's from blasting music or the plugs.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You should use sound-proof headphones.

Ear buds allow a lot of background noise, and they are almost 10 decibels louder to begin with.

6. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I've had nothing but trouble from the Apple earbuds. They blow every single time. And I've had like four pair, too.

I buy those cheap-ass Sony ones that cost $9. I'm running or lifting with em on -- I don't need Moddy-style symphonic response in my ears.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The ones I had didn't last long either. I bought some $10 Panasonic ones with a separate volume control that work just fine.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Second that, Apple replaced my pod last year, no questions asked. Warranty runs out in October.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

apple's earbuds are terrible. Skull candy makes some good stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted