1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ipod Issues... SOS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Birdscribe, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

OK, Ipodites, I have a problem.

I get home this afternoon from running errands and my Ipod is frozen on something called an SDRAM Full Test. Pushing buttons does nothing, so I hook it up to my computer. When I return after picking my son up at the movies, it's blinking with the words RUN: BL ON; PASS: BL BLINK or FAIL: BL OFF... Reset to continue.

Having heard some of the horror stories, I fear the worst.

What does this mean and how do I get things back to normal?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Is it one of the newer click wheel models? If it is, try holding down the MENU and center buttons simulta .... simultan ... uh ... at the same time until it reboots (the screen will display a black background with a silver Apple logo in the center).

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Had a similar problem with mine (an older 20-gig version). Had to send it back and get a replacement. It was still under warranty, though.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Popping open beer and sliding it down the bar...

That worked. Mucho Thanks from this province :) ;D :)

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A few months back I found a mini iPod loaded with lots of great Grateful Dead songs and some Phish songs and other musical stuffs. I'm conflicted. I want to erase some of the songs and upload my own. I went to Best Buy and bought the necessary acoutraments, but still can't figure the shit out. Any help?

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

do yourself a favor and get rid of that shit

Draft saved Draft deleted