1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPod Follow Up Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Okay

So I finally broke down and got an iPod. I have upload 644 songs in total (so far) onto my iPod Nano (third generation).

However, these songs are spread across three separate playlists of roughly 400, 100 and 140 songs, respectively.

Here's the problem: When I go to Playlist One, it plays the songs in order so I get like 10 songs in a row by the same artist. Same problem occurs with Playlist Two.

If I want to shuffle a playlist, I can't. I can only shuffle ALL 644 songs, which sucks because the playlists are separated by genre, if you will.

Can I not just shuffle ONE playlist at a time? If so, HOW!?

Thanks all.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Re: Another iPod Help Thread

I don't have my iPod in front of me, but in the main menu there is an option arrow that should lead you to a way to shuffle everything.

All of my playlists are on shuffle all the time.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Ya, it has the shuffle option, but it shuffles ONLY all the songs on the iPod, not each playlist, which sucks.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I have two iPods -- including a second generation Nano -- and none of them do that.

5. Pete Incaviglia

John

I figured it out. I was going at it sort of backwards.

When you start playing a playlist, you simply press the center circle a couple times and the shuffle option appears for just that playlist.

I'm happy now. Road trips in my car are going to be so much better.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If you go to the first menu you get this list (or one very similar, depending on your model):

Music
    Photos
    Videos
    Extras
    Settings
    Shuffle Songs
    Now Playing

Click "Settings" and you get a different menu. The third selection on the list is "shuffle." Scroll down to that. Clicking on the center button will switch between "off," "songs," and "albums."

If you want to shuffle songs in a playlist set it to "songs," and it will play whatever you select -- playlist, album, or an individual artist -- in random order.

7. Pete Incaviglia

iPod Follow-Up

So, I've uploaded every CD I have onto my PC. I've taken the songs I wanted out of the "recently added" folder on iTunes and dragged them to one of four playlists and then copied those playlists onto my iPod.

Can I now delete everything off my iTunes, because I'm assuming these songs are taking up space/memory, right?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No. You need to keep those songs in your itunes.

To put anything new on your ipod, you will need to sync it with your itunes. And if you delete those files from your itunes, the next time you sync you will lose all of the old songs.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Boy, I hope he got that before zonking his iTunes.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I didn't the first time.

Draft saved Draft deleted