1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPod FM transmitter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by audreyld, Jan 10, 2008.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

fm transmitters suck balls. once i got my direct connection, i was much, much happier. much.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

So I should be looking into a head that has an input for my ipod?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I love my iTrip.

Works pretty much everywhere.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

They don't make the FM transmitters powerful enough, so they're pretty much useless.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Where the fuck were YOU last Christmas, asshole?

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Oh I had to learn the hard way too. I have two or three different ones which aren't worth a shit.

As a side note, before this I-pod craze started, I once bought an FM transmitter for my electric guitar. You could plug the guitar into it and it would transmit the signal through your radio. A great gadget.

That device used a 9 volt battery and there was never an issue with interference. The FM transmitters of today? They use AAA batteries.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

So, now the question becomes what SHOULD I be getting? I have to be able to play my iPod while I drive, and right now my options are my crappy FM transmitter and a tape-deck converter thingy.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I use a tape deck adapter and a car charger. It works great for me.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I thought about just getting a car charger and using the setup I have. Anyone else think that's my current best option?

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iCarPlay-Wireless-Transmitter-Charger/dp/B00019068G

That's mine. Can't say enough about it. I have no problems with it. And I love it.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I think so. The charger shouldn't be too expensive and it should work just as well as an FM tuner would -- or possibly better judging by some of the responses here.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have the same one and it works really well about 95 percent of the time...

Draft saved Draft deleted