1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IPod Classic question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jul 23, 2013.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Proving once again how absolutely awesome he is, JR bought me an IPod Classic to replace the aged IPod Touch that I lost last week, taking me from 8G to 160G in one fell swoop. Now the question is - who can recommend a good case for it? It needs to survive kicking around the bottom of a gig bag and should have room to store the headphones safely as well.

Suggestions, anyone??

2. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

HC, I've had an iPod classic for, um, seven, eight, nine years? Something. It's old. I keep it in a neoprene case that has an arm band. When I carry it with me in my purse, it's usually bare. I've never had the first problem with it. Caveat? I don't carry it everywhere, all the time.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I bought one as a Xmas gift this past year, and subsequently had to buy a case as another gift.
    But I really don't remember what case I got.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I've had two iPod classics in the past 7 years. The first one got accidentally smashed by my laptop. The second one...I've had no problems with it and I've had it for almost four years. I don't even have a case on it and it's been tossed around, sat in the bottom of my bag, etc.

They make both hard cases and neoprene cases for them (there's a good selection on Amazon). It just depends on what kind of look you want for it but from my experience, they're pretty durable, with or without a case.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I had a leather one I bought at the apple store along with my classic, and it came with a few different clips and an armband and stuff. Worked pretty well, and it had a clear plastic cover for the screen and scroll wheel. A bit expensive, but it lasted almost as long as the battery in my iPod. Something similar to this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV027VC/A?fnode=70

There's also this one if you want something in a hard plastic:

http://www.switcheasy.com/product/CapsuleClassic

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks! Another friend suggested just a small zippered cosmetic bag which would work too.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I got her this one.

http://www.cases.com/switcheasy-ultraclear-capsuleclassic-for-apple-ipod-classic-122339/?gclid=CN68kL_rxrgCFcN_Qgodb1QAKg

She's still using it, so I guess it's alright.

Draft saved Draft deleted