1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ipod aid?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by whatwoulddamondo?, Aug 30, 2008.

1. so yeah...tonight, i moved my entire music library onto a portable hard drive, so i could back up stuff, etc.

stupid me, i didn't think of the consequences..namely that my itunes can't "find" the location of the new tracks.

i've been hunting through itunes for 20 minutes trying to see if there is any way i can automatically update the songs' location. anyone done this before? thanks in advance.

2. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I believe you have to recreate your library by selecting "add to library" under the "file" menu in iTunes, and then directing the program to your music folder on the portable drive. You may need to reload your iPod too, since I think it's set to recognize the computer. I'm not sure if the drive will register as a separate machine, or just a new storage spot for the same library.

Let me know if it works, 'cause I may be doing the same thing soon. ;D

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Will Phil Collins play it?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

God, I hope not.

Draft saved Draft deleted