1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Got my ios6 and Siri has already stopped talking to me based on what I've asked her to do.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Downloading iOS6 now for my 4 and just curious what the buzz for maps is all about. If it doesn't fit my needs (no siri, etc), I'll just jailbreak it and wait for the 5 to be available more easily.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Siri just called me a sports fan, as she served up details on the Braves/Marlins game. How sweet.

4. Once I downloaded the free Mapquest app, with navigation and talking directions so I don't have to look down at it anymore while driving, I quit using the maps app on my iPhone 4. I just haven't taken the time to figure out how to make Mapquest the default app that launches when I click on links for directions. Never saw the fascination for the maps app. Apparently, neither does Apple, anymore.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Watching the news this morning, they showed the folks lined up outside the Apple Store at the Eaton Centre for the Canadian release of the iPhone 5. Made me think of this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And this ..

.be

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I prordered my iPhone last week. Went to my Best Buy store and they said they don't have it in and have no idea when Apple will be sending them a shipment. Apparently, they've shorted Verizon and AT&T retailers all over the country.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's the cost of the cloud?

I hate the idea of one more monthly fee, but it might be the way to go.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

iPhone5 as economic stimulus, indeed: People in San Francisco are making $55 for every four-hour stretch waiting in line for someone else. One guy got $1,500 for waiting since Monday.

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Get-paid-to-wait-in-line-for-iPhone-5-3881972.php

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I got mine this morning. Virtually no wait.

11. accguy

accguy Member

I have an iPhone 4 and am eligible for an upgrade. Not sure when I will do that. I would like Siri to send some texts for me, etc., while I'm driving and the idea of a faster phone would be great.

In terms of the plan, people should check with their HR departments to see if they have corporate discounts with any of the cell phone carriers. Mine has a 24 percent discount with AT&T and similar discounts with Verizon and Sprint.

I just paid my iPhone bill and it was $87.86. I get a monthly cell phone allowance from my employer that pays for nearly all of that.

12. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Reminds of The Onion article where "the nation's whites" are "eagerly anticipating" the release of Windows 95.

Draft saved Draft deleted