1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She's too busy wondering if the Orioles will get in and if the Phillies will make a charge. Halladay is on her fantasy team.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Will it run a chess engine?

/crossthread

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

When I was deciding between the iPhone4 and the 4s, my wife said "do you really want another female voice in your life bossing you around?"

As usual, she was right. Bought the 4.

4. turski7

turski7 Member

Damn it. Just bought my new iPhone 4 in July. No complaints, though, got it for $119 thanks to a massive hook up. Wonder if I can get the 5 for the same price?
    FYI, you can sell your iPhone back and that price will be credited to your iPhone 5 purchase. So, if your 4 is worth $90, subtract $90 and that's your new price. Don't know if all retailers do this, but Best Buy Mobile does.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'll buy it; and because it has an upgraded HD video cam, I'm going to write it off on my taxes. Yay, me.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

$30 for the adapter I believe. And honestly, nothing crazy or unexpected from Apple today if you've been following the 'leaks'. Sorta meh. Seems like Apple is just catching up to what some droid phones have been doing for a bit. Having said that, I'll get one in January when my contract is up.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

The iphone is the greatest piece of technology I've ever owned. And this is from a guy who, before buying it, was dead set against everything Apple because "it's just for idiots who don't know how to use computers."

It does everything, and does it easily. Sure, there are a few nagging issues, but it's better than any other phone I've seen.

Also, I use mine all the damn time, and I can't bear to be without it. So I don't see it as paying $300 or whatever. I see it as paying 75 cents a day or whatever it amounts to for the time I have it before I get a new one. And when I go to bed every night I can abso-freakin-lutely say I got 75 cents worth of use out of it.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I just bought my iPhone 4S a few months ago, so it'll be a while before I can upgrade. I'll more than likely stick with AT&T when that time comes, as they've been excellent with me. No issues with them whatsoever.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I have an upgrade available (my HTC Incredible is on its last legs) and I would be okay with the 4S. I'm on my mom's plan and she's ponying up the extra $100 for me to get the 5 so might as well.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The connector is, depending whom you ask, a very big issue. At least to this guy.

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/People-Are-Legitimately-Furious-At-Apple-Over-The-3862545.php

He says one guy emailed to say that to adapt all of his iPhone-related devices would cost $1,300.

People are bitching, but I'll be convinced when it actually affects sales.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You didn't twang or drawl when you said "Tar," did you?

12. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

I plan to upgrade from the 3GS ... but have to say after using my lady's Samsung Galaxy S3, Apple is losing its edge.

Draft saved Draft deleted