1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 19, 2014.

1. I want to move some ringtones from my computer to my iPhone.
    I have the ringtones in a Tones folder on the iTunes, but I am unable to drag and drop them onto my phone.
    Been looking on the internet all afternoon for ways to do it. I can't find any "manually manage music" option with my iPhone (it's a 6) and iTunes.
    Anyway ...
    I can't ...
    Help????
    Please.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

When your phone is connected to your computer, one of the options in iTunes should be to sync tones to the phone. Check that and you should be good to go.

3. But if I sync the phone, I'll lose the existing stuff, which I don't want to do.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You shouldn't lose the existing stuff if it's in your iTunes. Just select the music/apps that you want on there and then add the ringtones sync.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Lily" is a cutie. She's from Uzbekistan.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milana_Vayntrub

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You can choose to only sync the Tones I believe. I just added my first tone last night this way.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I will refrain from answering; it took me eight days to figure out how to get the ringtone from my old phone to my new iPhone. At this rate I hope to elevate to making and receiving calls before Thanksgiving.

8. One of the issues I'm having ...
    My iTunes account and sync was on an old computer.
    I'm using a new computer and I had to change my iTunes password as well.
    I'm wondering if because I'm using a different computer it won't let me drop the stuff into my phone?

Draft saved Draft deleted