1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone or Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 6, 2009.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

ditto. My wife wants me to upgrade my iPhone so she can have mine.

As for the keys, you get used to it. Not a problem. I'll take the tradeoff of a virtual keyboard for a bigger screen for reading emails surfing web watching movies playing games etc.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

Well, like I said on the first page of this thread, the Pre is going to be awesome, and now that I've had it for 7 weeks, I mean it even more.
    The new iPhone 3Gs is pretty good but I'll throw this in there to stir the pot.
    ATT's coverage blows. It's well known, go to any iPhone message board.
    I'm sure some of you here have ATT and have good coverage, but overall, they stink.
    Then, Sprint has better plans.
    For $70 a month, you can get 450 anytime minutes, nights that start at 7 (free weekends), unlimited Internet, unlimited text (which is extra on ATT), GPS (another $10 a month on ATT), Sprint TV.
    Or for $100, all of the above plus unlimited talk time.
    You could save a lot of cash over the 2 years.
    And no, I do not work for Sprint.
    If anyone wants to know more about the Pre (or Sprint), PM me.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So, 70 total eh? Or is that 70 before taxes and such making it 90'ish. That's why I brought up the new Android, the MyTouch, because that bill is 70 or so with everything.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

In fairness, go to any phone's message board and you'll find people frustrated with coverage issues. I've had three different networks; ATT doesn't seem to be any better or worse.

As for the keyboard, you quickly get used to it, and they've done an amazing job of making it forgiving. Basically, if you even hit the keys close to spelling out the word you're trying to spell, it knows what you meant to do. Sometimes it's kind of freaky.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It even corrects drunken spelling effectively. Absolutely amazing.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You? Drunk? Hard to picture.

7. Hands down the blackberry.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

Before taxes, of course, but still better thsn ATT.

Draft saved Draft deleted