1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone or Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The biggest deal-breaker for me with the iPhone was that you couldn't get insurance on it.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've wanted an iPhone for a while but I worry about the keyboard being too small for my thumbs. Last time I tried a QWERTY pad on a phone (this was a Sprint model), I got frustrated with it because the buttons didn't feel comfortable in my hand. Anyone else had that concern?

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Buck, there's actually an iPhone app that makes the keyboard (when the phone is turned sideways) huge, taking up the whole display except the line of type. They claim it creates the biggest keyboard on any phone.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is it compatible w/Windows Media Player?

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Is the Blackberry compatible with iTunes?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have an iPod touch, and it is a little difficult to type on it. Granted, I have huge hands, but I never had that problem when I had a Blackberry and that was one of the older models.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

iPhones are for App phones and high-traffic web users. The BlackBerry WAP browser still sucks today as much as it did five years ago.

When it comes down to it for me, though, it's the keyboard thing. A lot of people can't get away from the touchability of the buttons. It's can be a difficult transition for some.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I have an iPhone, my sis has a Crackberry. I've used both, and I'd pick the iPhone any day and twice on Sundays. But then, I'm a Mac addict, so... grain of salt.

9. iPhone. All day long.

I miss mine terribly.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Did it run away?

Speaking of which, the coolest app I have is one that will, if you lose the phone/have it stolen and someone fires it up, email you its exact GPS location.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

If you can wait and you are on Sprint, the Palm Pre is coming out before the end of June.
    This will do cut-and-paste (which the iPhone can't), run on a better 3G network, plus have wi-fi, a removable battery (which the iPhone doesn't have) and an amazing ability to synch with all of your calenders and contacts.
    The keyboard slides in too. Plus, you can "flick" between apps and go back and forth without having to close or re-open them.
    [​IMG]
    Ain't she a beaut?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Ah, I was remiss in mentioning the Pre. Yes, patchs is right. It's kicking the iPhone's ass all over the tech world.

Draft saved Draft deleted