1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iPhone cover recommendations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Sep 21, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just upgraded to a new iPhone, and need some recommendations for a cover/case.

I'm looking for something fairly slim that doesn't have a tack feel. Doesn't have to be a hard cover, but the case must cover all four corners, because (given my profession) I'm pretty rough on phones.

I also do a fair amount of sweating and keep the phone (normally) in a beast pocket, so something like a leather case that might absorb some of that sweat could also be an option. I'm not that keen on the sleeves that would require pulling the phone out to answer/play, etc., but might not object to a flip-type case if it's not too bulky.

So, again, my requirements are:

Not tacky
    Covers all four corners
    No sleeve
    Possibly leather

Anyone got'ny suggestions?

Thanks a bunch,

tbf

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I sold my iPhone recently, but this site is fantastic.

http://www.myincipio.com/

Personally, I like the feather cases. Extremely slim, form-fitting and protects the back of the device quite well:

[​IMG]

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How does the screen protector fare?

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Dunno ... never bothered using one.

I had a case covering the back and maintained the front with a microfiber cleaning cloth. Plus, I babied the thing as if it were small child.

I could be wrong, but the iPhone screen -- or at least the 3GS -- is pretty scratch resistant.

If you don't like that case, there's plenty of other options on the site.

5. maberger

maberger Member

anyone care to share must-have iphone apps?

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you don't mind paying a few extra $$, go vaya.com. Sweet leather covers; supposedly handmade (to order) in Brazil (?).

The wait is not easy (30 days) but let me tell you they are the best looking around and extremely durable. I've had mine for over a year now and its still in good shape. Looks worn like my leather satchel; gives character.

7. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I have an incipio that I really like, but would also consider an incase if I were to get another one.

8. I just upgraded to a 3Gs thanks to my first gen phone having an inactive touch screen. When I got the 3Gs, I got an iFrogz case. I love mine. It's a hard cover. Form fitting to the phone, and comes with a screen shield which you can replace for $10 for a pack of 3.

My roommate and I each have one (he works for AT&T) and we both like the case and screen cover. He actually got the no glare screen shields which are pretty nice.

http://ifrogz.com/categories.php?cat=428

Draft saved Draft deleted