1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ipad vs Macbook for Online Courses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brooklyn Bridge, May 25, 2012.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I will be starting an online course soon and was wondering what the prevailing opinion was regarding an Ipad or Macbook. I will be going away for a bit this summer and love the portability of the Ipad. Its compact, lightweight and is always "on."

I will get that keyboard/cover thing typing wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Also was considering the Macbook and that would be lightweight (at least it weighs less than my current option) and has a USB port so I can save my work to a thumbdrive (although I can always save my work in the Icloud or my Gmail account). The only downside is that the Macbook is about $400 more than the Ipad.

For those that have used one or both, what is your opinion?

Thx.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What format is your online class? If there is video or Flash involved, you'll need a Macbook. If you're doing just quizzes, and make bulletin board posts and respond to two classmates, then an iPad would do.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

There are some lectures, but mostly it will be reading and taking part in the discussion. I just like the portability of the iPad.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted