1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa Supreme Court unanimously overturns ban on gay marriage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Kinky Forever!

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i love this fucking line: " ... the Iowa Legislature should immediately act to pass a Constitutional Amendment that protects traditional marriage ... "

every time i read or hear it, i simply want to punch that person in the throat.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I want to be able, when I'm ready, to be allowed to marry. I deserve the same tax breaks, visitation rights in medical facilities and ability to adopt children that straight couples currently enjoy. More importantly, I don't want my love and relationship devalued or deemed irrelevant because my country's government doesn't feel it's as legitimate as two straight people's union.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Should we pick the tradition of arranged marriages, of white male landowners selecting the bride or of same-race marriages? So many to pick from...

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Football Bat pointed out what I forgot to add (thanks!). Both the House and Senate, including the Gov are Dems. But don't think that all Dems are happy of this ruling. It's the rural lawmakers that are not crazy about this, Dem or GOP. Plus, even if an Amendment was written up and brought to a vote, there wouldn't be enough to shoot it down, unless a few Dems switched over and voted in favor of it.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What, exactly, is good about it?

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The latest step away from the tradition of shitting on the rights of minorities? That not do it for you?

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

How about this kind?

[​IMG]

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Tell that to John Kerry.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

John Kerry was just a bad candidate.

When you are a decorated war hero going up against a former male cheerleader and you are widely seen as the weaker, less courageous candidate, you have made some major mistakes somewhere along the way.q

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, no, Karl Rove got the lunatic fringe of the conservative christian neo-con homophobic movement out in droves by getting the homosexual marriage stuff on ballots and that tipped the scales in GWB's favor!

I know this, because I've read about it on SportsJournalists.com for the past five years........

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You can't argue that any of that hurt Bush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.