1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa State hires _____?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shaggy, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Can't coach for shit but his recruiting will allow that program to get better. Sometimes a shitty program needs to make a choice, good recruiter versus good game coach.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just surround yourself with good Xs and Os guys as coordinators.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Oh my fucking gosh!! I'm watching the presser right now and it's a motherfucking pep rally to the Nth degree. The band and cheerleaders standing behind the podium, an inflatable tunnel to welcome Chizik into Hilton...it's insane right now.

Here's the live streaming audio, courtesy of KXNO-AM. http://www.kxno.com/cc-common/streaming_new/

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Interesting choice for Chizik. He's been a highly paid coordinator at two alpha-dog schools and goes to a program that, its recent sustained solidness aside, won't be the big player in its own division, let alone its conference. He could fail and go back to the coordinator life, I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted