1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa State beat writer injured during court storming

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty obvious.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL a SnarkShark doesn't get snark.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Agree, pretty poorly done. You took a jab at a good guy and it failed.

4. Doc Holliday

I didn't take a jab at Pete. It was a joke. I don't take jabs at people I've never met. I was taking a jab at the homers I've known and using Pete as an example of what they might do. KMA.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Swing and a big, big miss. Next time, including your sarcasm font might be a good idea considering there are people on this board who actually know and respect Randy, unlike you, apparently. (You seem nice - I bet you're fun at parties!)

6. Doc Holliday

Whatever.

BigRed likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There was also an incident at an Army-Navy game when a group of students fell down to the turf at Veteran's Stadium and were hurt because they were celebrating something near a railing and it broke.

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I wonder if the answer would be a more controlled spilling of people onto the court/field. Basically funnel them to spot where they could safely spill out and teams could safely get moved off (unless the players wanted to run around like kids). Thing like tear-down proof goalposts or the ones that lower are basically built to say, we know this will happen, might as well make it less painful.

9. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Not being a jerk or anything, but if students are hanging and trying to tear down the goalposts and you aren't one of them, why would you stand in falling distance of the goalposts? But, I agree with the court storming. What the F, Iowa St. fans, storm the court as the No. 4 team? When I was a kid I thought it was awesome, but it got so played out, teams were storming the field/court for beating the No. 25 team, a bit ridiculous. Should be reserved for top-10 teams in all sports. I think the most dangerous court storming are in Iowa St. case, where it isn't expected. If an 0-8 team is up on the No. 10 team in CFB, security can kind of prepare, but who would think Iowa St. fans would storm court as No. 4 team.

10. Doc Holliday

This just doesn't bother me like it does most of you guys. If they want to storm the court, I really don't care, go ahead and storm away. If they get hurt doing it, that's their problem. If they hurt someone else doing it, that's really unfortunate, but that's life. Sucks for guys like Pete and those who've been seriously injured, but it just doesn't rank very high on my priority list of wrongs that need to be righted.

Draft saved Draft deleted